Back pain causes are varied with many different possible causes of back pain, some of which are very serious. This site has been mostly dedicated to the common back pain issues, the ones that most people experience. However, I often get asked about other causes of back pain.
How do you know what causes back pain for you? Of course, a visit to your doctor is a good idea. So, if you are unable to find back pain relief after simple adjustments, whether from the chiropractor or if you self adjust, then you may have a different issue.
Here’s the list:
First, there are injuries:
1) Compression fracture of the vertebral column.
2) Rupture of intervertebral discs.
3) Injuries to ligaments and muscles of back.
4) Lumbosacral strain.
5) Intervertebral joint injuries.
6) Fracture of processes of vertebra.
Then, there are backaches caused by some physical imbalance:
7) During pregnancy.
8 Pot belly.
9) Diseases of the hip joint.
10) Curvature in the spine due to congenital defect.
11) Short leg in one side.
While inflammation may develop with back pain, it can also be a direct cause:
12) Infection of the bone due to bacteria.
13) Tuberculosis of the spine.
16) Lumbago or fibrositis.
17) Inflammation of the muscles.
18) Anchylosing spondylitis.
There can be degenerative causes as the body wears down. Note that age isn’t the only cause of the body wearing down:
21) Degeneration of the intervertebral disc.
Another cause is a growth or tumor on or near the area:
22) Primary tumor of the bones in the spine.
23) Metastatic tumors from other sites like prostate,lungs,kidneys,intestine ect.
Women experience different types of back pain due to gynecological issues:
24) After childbirth.
25) After gynecological operations.
26) Prolapse of the uterus.
27) Pelvic inflammatory diseases.
28) Cancerous lesions of the pelvic organs.
Back pain can be caused by issues in other parts of the body as well:
30) Renal stones.
31) Ureteric stone.
32) Cancer of prostate.
34) Biliary (Gall) stones.
35) Peptic ulcer.
36) Inflammations of pelvic organs.
37) Occlusion of aorta and iliac arteries.
Finally, there are causes that are not always acknowledged by medical science:
38) Misalignment which can have many causes
40) Adrenal fatigue
There you have many different back pain causes. Let me know in the comments if you are experiencing one of these conditions that you’d like to know more about. And, I look forward to hearing from experts if I left out any causes.